Thursday, September 21, 2006

On Doing an Evil Deed Blues

OH MAN! I am still sick with this cold ... it is awful. My nose will not stop running, my head feels likes it's swimming, I just feel like crap ... but alas, I said I would upload a song today and here it is. I recorded it earlier tonight.

On doing an evil deed blues is a song written by John Fahey and can be found on his album titled "The Legend of Blind Joe Death". John Fahey is a big influence to me and my music. He plays the song perfectly on an acoustic guitar, because I just made my electric guitar playable I figured it would sound pretty sweet on that with a bit of distortion. I have played around with the song before, but it is a completely different state of mind to record it so I had to kinda relearn it. Also, I improvised about 40% of it because it's that kind of song. I hope it sounds good and the haziness of my cold does not show through. I think its pretty neat but could have been tighter. The song can be found in the "My Music" section to the right, or the link below.

... I am really not in a song writing / recording mood, but I forced myself. I think I need to have at least 1 song a week.

So enjoy, On Doing an Evil Deed Blues (a John Fahey cover).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home