Thursday, September 14, 2006

Getting my Move On!

Today I had a co-op interview for the city. I got to their dark crummy office, had a quick interview where 80% of it was the guy showing me a program they use, and then he told me they need someone to go through this, THUD!, an enormously thick binder of the words "TRUE" and "FALSE" many many times, on many many pages; and then correct these old drawings, THUD! Basically, read this PLC language code and change all the symbols on the old drawings to reflect the new "TRUE" and "FALSE" statements. If that wasn't crappy enough they try and tempt me with an average pay of someone in there 2nd -3rd co-op not 5th were I am. The only good news out of the whole ordeal was that they can't get back to me about whether or not I have the job until next week, ... so if things start working out for me, I have till they contact me to find a better job. ... it doesn't help that there are no more job postings and all the jobs I applied to in the last 2 weeks are unresponsive. ... guess it's time to start knocking at some doors.

This Sunday (and possibly Friday and Saturday) I want to watch this. Its this documentary about our planet, ... earth (if you've forgotten). I keep forgetting it's on, so I'm hoping to remember on Sunday.

5 Comments:

Blogger EricaRW said...

Hey! where are you?? That is crappy about the interview!! I will try to remind you of the show come Sunday.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Simon Stewart said...

More like, where aren't I, but thanks for the show alarm.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Engineers are hard to please.
I thought all you cared about was your music?

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS
Your music is awesome.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Simon Stewart said...

Thanks! I need to upload more.

Where I stand right now, my music is a huge part of my life, and I care more about working on it than having an amazing co-op, but if I'm going to take a co-op I should try to find one that I really enjoy. Because I'm still in school and in 4 months I have a lot of bills coming my way, I need to get a job and co-ops pay well and gives experience.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home