Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wrediculously Windy


Hello, I'm writing this from where I am staying in Florida. So picture myself hiding in a palm tree avoiding alligators and manatees. Midterm week is over, finally, although I still haven't really felt it yet. It's difficult to look back and be thankful that's over, instead it feels like a new segment of my life has started. Because of this, I don't really have any feeling of relief, just the knowledge that this new segment starts with no midterms.

Things I have noticed about Florida that I can't really get on board with.

1. There are no small independent music instrument stores. Only huge, massive, walmarty style ones, placed so far apart that it takes about an hour to go from one to the other. I wonder if it's because less people here are into this style of entertainment and development, I hope not.

2. There are no massive grocery stores, to the point that you wonder what the hell everyone is eating? ... until you see the TGIF's and Olive Gardens everywhere. The closest thing that I have seen to the massive sobey's and zehrs' of back home are the walmart superstores, but they can't even compare. It's mind blowing. The main grocery store is called publix, it is roughly the size of a small food basics or no frills, and its a 10 min drive from one to the other. Back home I'm pretty sure I could drive 10 min and pass 3 massive grocery stores, in fact I can think of a route. I give Canada a thumbs up on this one, if we are going to have a massive store, I'm glad its for delicious non-lazy, more likely good for you food, instead of Ford and Dodge trucks.

3. Some people have lame attitudes.


... That's all I have for now. I may update some more times while I'm here, I'm hoping to do a lot of relaxing and thinking in the sun. ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont think enormous grocery stores are anything worth praising but i get your underlying message.
cool

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home