Monday, February 12, 2007

Just Like a Bee

Sorry that I missed the post last week. I've been busy, in fact, I've entered my midterm week. 1 midterm a day until Friday. You may have noticed that now you can listen to my music on my blog! This is a new feature from Soundsauce, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

I recently got the new Deftones Album, and it's amazing! Very very dark. It made me think of 8-9 years ago when this style of music was more of a mass popular style of music. Now I think our society is more in tune with whats happening with our environment and world societies. This type of music has an apocalyptic feeling to it, so I think it's good that the music style missed the mark a bit, ... listening to just this album has an ominous feeling to it, too much could be too much. In my opinion I think this album is better then most of that music back then, and I really recommend checking it out. If you check out their producers myspace, by clicking this link, you can hear some songs off the new album. I recommend "Cherry Waves" to truly grasp the Deftones feel, or if it's a bit too heavy, they do a cover of the Cars song "Drive", which is also on the myspace page.

Planet Earth was amazing today! It focused on season forests, so felt really close to home. I also love trees and this had tonnes of them. One of the best parts was this part about mandarin ducklings. Please click this link to watch it!!! it is impossible not to fall in love with this.

Not much new, no time to record songs, busy. Reading week is coming up and I was looking forward to spending an entire week with my music, ... but now an opportunity may have come up to go to Florida for it, and I may take it. Because I've lived, and visited several times, one location in Florida it does have a slightly "home-ish" feeling to it, I really like visiting. ... still debating the choices.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go to florida!
im tres jealous.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home